Graceful Tamilnadu Temple Tour Package (09N/10D)
Package Name: Graceful Tamilnadu Temple Tour Package
Duration: 09 Nights and 10 Days
Places covered: Mahabalipuram, Kanchipuram, Tiruvannamalai, Chidambaram, Vaitheeswaran Koil, Mayiladuthurai, Kumbakonam, Swamimalai, Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy), Pillayarpatti, Madurai, Pazhamudircholai, Thiruparankundram, Rameshwaram, Thiruchendur, Nagercoil, Suchindram and Kanyakumari
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai - Mahabalipuram
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport and drive towards Mahabalipuram
(Mamallapuram) known for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of 7th and 8th century Hindu Group of Monuments. It has been the ancient port of the Pallava rulers. During their reign, the Pallava rulers constructed a number of architectural marvels such as caves, sculptural panels, temples and Monolithic rathas. On arrival at Mahabalipuram, check in to the hotel and then visit 8th century Mahabalipuram Seashore Temple
- one of the finest examples of Dravidian style of architecture. Then visit Krishna Mandapam
- dedicated to Lord Krishna, it is the world's largest cave-cut Hindu temple. The walls of this temple consist of several depictions, including those of Lord Krishna, humans, birds and demi-gods. Arjuna's penance
- a giant open-air rock relief carved in the mid-seventh century. Then proceed to Cave Temples
- over ten rock-cut temples dating back to the 7th century. Finally, visit Pancha (Five) Rathas
- also called as Paandava Rathas, it is a group of 5 monolithic temples, each erected in a different architecture styling. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 02 : Mahabalipuram - Kanchipuram - Tiruvannamalai
Morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Kanchipuram
- once the capital of Pallava kings and well known as centre of education where people were coming here to gain knowledge about Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism. On arrival at Kanchipuram, visit Kamakshi Amman Temple
- dedicated to goddess Kamakshi, the ultimate form of Goddess Lalitha Maha Tripurasundari (Parvati), Varadharaja Perumal Temple
- dedicated to Lord Vishnu and one of the Divya Desams, the 108 temples of Vishnu visited by Alwars, then visit Ekambareswarar Temple
- a hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of earth (Prithvi). Then drive to Tiruvannamalai
- an historical place and spiritual center of Tamilnadu. On arrival, check in to the hotel and visit Annamalaiyar Temple
(or Arulmigu Annamalaiyar Tirukoil) dedicated to Lord Shiva and worshiped as Arunachalesvara or Annamalaiyar. The temple is one of the largest in India, located at the base of Annamalai Hills and houses four gateway towers known as gopurams. The Shiva Lingam here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Fire (Agni). Goddess Parvati is depicted as Unnamalai Amman. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Tiruvannamalai - Chidambaram - Vaitheeswaran Koil – Mayiladuthurai - Kumbakonam
Morning at 7 AM, check out the hotel and drive to Chidambaram
- a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). Then drive to Vaitheeswaran Kovil
temple located in Mayiladuthurai district. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva is worshipped as Vaidyanathar or Vaitheeswaran
meaning the 'God of healing' and it is believed that prayers to Vaitheeswaran can cure diseases.
The temple is associated with the planet Mars (Angaraka)
, one of the nine Navagraha (nine planets) temples. The village is also known for palm leaf astrology called Naadi astrology
in Tamil. The holy waters of the Siddhamirtham tank within the temple complex contains nectar, and a holy dip is believed to cure all diseases. Then drive to Mayiladuthurai
- known for the Mayuranathaswami Temple, a prominent Shaivite shrine. The icon is a lingam and the presiding deity is called Mayuranathar because the Hindu goddess Parvathi worshipped Shiva here in the form of a mayura. Then drive to Kumbakonam
- known as a temple city due to the prevalence of a number of temples here. On arrival, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Kumbakonam - Swamimalai - Thanjavur - Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Swamimalai
- popular for Swaminathaswamy Temple dedicated to god Murugan. The temple is second abode of Murugan among six (Arupadaiveedugal). The shrine of the presiding deity, Swaminathaswamy is located atop a 60 feet hillock and the shrine of his mother Meenakshi (Parvathi) and father Shiva (Sundareswarar) is located downhill. According to Hindu belief, Swamimalai is where Muruga preached what as called as 'Pranava mantra' to his own father, Shiva, at a young age. Then drive to Thanjavur (Tanjore). On arrival at Thanjavur, visit Brihadeeswara Temple
, the biggest attraction of Thanjavur and also known as the Big Temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This architectural marvel temple built during 11th century by Raja Raja Chola, the Great Chola emperor. The vimana tower above the sanctum is one of the tallest in South India. Then visit Thanjavur Palace
also known as Maratha Palace or Nayak Palace is a wonderful historical structure in the town of Thanjavur. It was the official residence of the Maratha rulers from 1674 to 1855.
Then drive to Tiruchirappalli
(Trichy) - also known as Trichy - known for most prominent historical monuments. On arrival on Tiruchirappalli, check in to the hotel and then visit to Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple
- a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ranganatha Swamy
and also the first, foremost and the most important of the 108 main Vishnu temples. There are 21 magnificent and huge towers. Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple lies on an islet formed by the twin rivers Cauvery and Coleroon. This temple is also known as Thiruvaranga Tirupati, Periyakoil, Bhoologa Vaikundam and Bhogamandabam. Then visit nearest Jambukeswarar Akilandeswari Temple
- dedicated to Lord Shiva (as Jambukeswarar) and Goddess Parvathi (as Akilandeswari). The temple is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Water (Jala), The sanctum of Lord Jambukeshwara has an underground water stream. And one can see water coming out of that stream. The Presiding Deity is Devi Akilandeswari Amman. Akhilandeshwari means 'Ruler of the Universe' (Akilam - Universe, Aanda - Ruler, Eswari - Goddess). Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 05 : Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) - Pillayarpatti - Madurai
After breakfast at 8 AM check out from the hotel and drive to Pillayarpatti
- an ancient rock-cut cave shrine dedicated to Lord Ganesha. The presiding deity of the temple is Karpaka Vinayakar. In the cave temple, there are rock cut images of Siva and other gods as well as several shrines. Then drive to Madurai
- the cultural capital of Tamilnadu. On arrival at Madurai, check in to the hotel and proceed to visit Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple
, a historic Hindu temple located in the southern banks of river Vaigai. The complex houses 12 gateway towers called gopurams, ranging from 45-50m in height, the tallest being the southern tower, 51.9 metres (170 ft) high. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 06 : Madurai - Pazhamudircholai Murugan Temple - Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple - Rameshwaram
Morning, after breakfast, check out from the hotel and proceed to Pazhamudircholai Murugan Temple
located atop Vrishabhadri hill or Idabagiri in the dense forest. Pazhamudircholai Murugan Temple is one of the six important abodes (Arupadaiveedu) of Lord Muruga. Atop the hill Lord Muruga stands majestically in the temple as the Lord of the Hills popularly known as Kurinji Nilakkizhavan in Tamil. The temple itself is relatively small with Valli, Deivayanai, and Lord Muruga in a separate shrine. Lord Ganesha is also present in a separate shrine. At the foot of the hill is situated Azhakar Kovil
, which is one among the 108 divyadesams sanctified by the hymns of Azhwars sung in praise of the Vishnu enshrined in this temple. Then return to Madurai for lunch and to relax at hotel. Evening, proceed to visit Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple
is a Hindu temple and one of the Six Abodes of Murugan, located at Thiruparankundram. The temple is built in rock-cut architecture and believed to have been built by the Pandyas during the 6th century. According to the legend it is where Murugan slayed the demon Surapadman and married Deivayanai, the divine daughter of the king of heaven, Indra, and he is said to have worshipped Shiva here as Parangirinathar. Then drive to Rameshwaram. On arrival at Rameshwaram
, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 07 : Rameshwaram
After breakfast, proceed for the sightseeing of Rameshwaram
- a prominent Hindu pilgrim center located on Pamban Island. Visit Agnitheertham
- is one of the most visited Tirthams of Rameshwaram for a holy bath, Ramanathaswamy Temple
- renowned for its magnificent corridors and massive sculptured pillars. Then visit Ramjharoka Temple
and Adam's Bridge
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 08 : Rameshwaram - Thiruchendur - Kanyakumari
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and drive to Thiruchendur Murugan Temple
, also known as Arulmigu Subramaniaswamy Temple which is a Third of Arupadai veedugal (Abodes of Murugan) and one of the ancient Hindu temples dedicated to Lord Murugan. After getting the divine blessings of Lord, drive to Kanyakumari
- southernmost point of Indian Peninsula and the confluence of three oceans - the Bay of Bengal
, the Arabian Sea
and the Indian Ocean
. Kanyakumari is popular because it is the only places on earth, where you can see the Sun Rise and Sun Set from the ocean. On arrival at Kanyakumari, check into hotel and evening watch the most beautiful Sunset
at Kanyakumari. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 09 : Kanyakumari - Nagercoil - Suchindram - Kanyakumari
After breakfast proceed for full day sightseeing of Kanyakumari
- first proceed to Nagaraja Temple at Nagercoil
- a temple is famous for its worshiping of the King of Serpents (or Nagaraja – Vasuki). This temple is a Parihara Sthalam for people who has a Naga Dosha. Then visit Suchindram Temple
, Sun Rise Point
, Devi Kanyakumari Temple
, Vivekananda Rock
, Gandhi Memorial
, Triveni Sangam
, Swamy Vivekananda Memorial
(by Boat) and Thiruvalluvar Statue
. Evening watch the most beautiful sunset at Kanyakumari. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 10 : Kanyakumari - Madurai
Morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Madurai. On arrival at Madurai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Graceful Tamilnadu Temple Tour Package ends with the delightful memories.