Tiruvannamalai - Srirangam - Thanjavur - Kumbakonam - Chidambaram Tour Package (04N/05D)
Package Name: Tiruvannamalai - Srirangam - Thanjavur - Kumbakonam - Chidambaram Tour Package
Duration: 04 Nights and 05 Days
Places covered: Kanchipuram, Tiruvannamalai, Tiruchirappalli, Srirangam, Samayapuram, Thanjavur, Kumbakonam, Swamimalai, Gangaikonda Cholapuram, Vaitheeswaran Kovil and Chidambaram
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai - Kanchipuram - Tiruvannamalai
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport and drive towards Kanchipuram
- once the capital of Pallava kings and well known as centre of education where people were coming here to gain knowledge about Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism. On arrival at Kanchipuram, visit Kamakshi Amman Temple
- dedicated to goddess Kamakshi, the ultimate form of Goddess Lalitha Maha Tripurasundari (Parvati), Varadharaja Perumal Temple
- dedicated to Lord Vishnu and one of the Divya Desams, the 108 temples of Vishnu visited by Alwars, then visit Ekambareswarar Temple
- a hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of earth (Prithvi).
Then drive to Tiruvannamalai
- an historical place and spiritual center of Tamilnadu. On arrival, check in to the hotel and visit Annamalaiyar Temple
(or Arulmigu Annamalaiyar Tirukoil) dedicated to Lord Shiva and worshiped as Arunachalesvara or Annamalaiyar. The temple is one of the largest in India, located at the base of Annamalai Hills and houses four gateway towers known as gopurams. The Shiva Lingam here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Fire (Agni). Goddess Parvati is depicted as Unnamalai Amman. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Tiruvannamalai - Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Tiruchirappalli
(Trichy) - also known as Trichy - known for most prominent historical monuments. On arrival on Tiruchirappalli, check in to the hotel and then visit to Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple
- a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ranganatha Swamy
and also the first, foremost and the most important of the 108 main Vishnu temples. There are 21 magnificent and huge towers. Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple lies on an islet formed by the twin rivers Cauvery and Coleroon. This temple is also known as Thiruvaranga Tirupati, Periyakoil, Bhoologa Vaikundam and Bhogamandabam. Then visit nearest Jambukeswarar Akilandeswari Temple
- dedicated to Lord Shiva (as Jambukeswarar) and Goddess Parvathi (as Akilandeswari). The temple is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Water (Jala), The sanctum of Lord Jambukeshwara has an underground water stream. And one can see water coming out of that stream. The Presiding Deity is Devi Akilandeswari Amman. Akhilandeshwari means 'Ruler of the Universe' (Akilam - Universe, Aanda - Ruler, Eswari - Goddess). Then visit Ucchi Pillayar Temple
- a 7th century Hindu temple, one dedicated to Lord Ganesha located a top of Rockfort.
Evening, visit to Samayapuram Mariamman Temple
- a popular temple in Samayapuram in Tiruchirappalli. The main deity, Samayapurathal or Mariamman, a form of supreme mother goddess Durga or Maha Kali or Aadi Shakthi, is believed by the devotees that the Goddess has enormous powers over curing illnesses and hence, it is a ritual to buy small metallic replicas, made with silver or steel, of various body parts that need to be cured, and these are deposited in the donation box. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) - Thanjavur (Tanjore) - Kumbakonam
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Thanjavur
(Tanjore). On arrival at Thanjavur visit Brihadeeswara Temple
, the biggest attraction of Thanjavur and also known as the Big Temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This architectural marvel temple built during 11th century by Raja Raja Chola, the Great Chola emperor. The vimana tower above the sanctum is one of the tallest in South India. Then drive to Kumbakonam
- known as a temple city due to the prevalence of a number of temples here. On arrival visit Adi Kumbeswarar Temple
- the oldest Shiva Temple, Mahamaham tank
- one of the most prominent landmarks of the town and Airavatesvara Temple
at Darasuram is one among the three famous temples in Tamil Nadu that were built by the Chola Kings. (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Then check in to the hotel and visit Nageshwara temple
, Sarangapani temple
, Chakrapani temple
and Uppiliappan temple
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Kumbakonam - Swamimalai - Gangaikonda Cholapuram - Vaitheeswaran Koil - Chidambaram
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Swamimalai
- popular for Swaminathaswamy Temple dedicated to god Murugan. The temple is second abode of Murugan among six (Arupadaiveedugal). The shrine of the presiding deity, Swaminathaswamy is located atop a 60 feet hillock and the shrine of his mother Meenakshi (Parvathi) and father Shiva (Sundareswarar) is located downhill. According to Hindu belief, Swamimalai is where Muruga preached what as called as 'Pranava mantra' to his own father, Shiva, at a young age. Then drive to Gangaikonda Cholapuram
- known for 10th century Brihadeeswarar Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva (UNESCO World Heritage Site).
The temple is considered as one of the largest temples in the country and is a fine example of the grandeur of Dravidian style of architecture of the Chola dynasty. The idol of Nandi is sculpted in such a way that it reflects the sunlight to the sanctum. Then drive to Vaitheeswaran Kovil
temple located in Mayiladuthurai district. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva is worshipped as Vaidyanathar or Vaitheeswaran
meaning the 'God of healing' and it is believed that prayers to Vaitheeswaran can cure diseases. The temple is associated with the planet Mars (Angaraka)
, one of the nine Navagraha (nine planets) temples. The village is also known for palm leaf astrology called Naadi astrology
in Tamil. The holy waters of the Siddhamirtham tank within the temple complex contains nectar, and a holy dip is believed to cure all diseases. Then drive to Chidambaram. On arrival at Chidambaram
, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 05 : Chidambaram - Chennai
Early morning, visit the Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres, dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). Then check out the hotel and drive towards Chennai
. On arrival at Chennai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Tiruvannamalai - Srirangam - Thanjavur - Kumbakonam - Chidambaram
ends with the delightful memories.