Chidambaram - Gangaikonda Cholapuram - Mayiladuthurai Tour Package (02N/03D)
Package Name: Chidambaram - Gangaikonda Cholapuram - Mayiladuthurai Tour Package
Duration: 02 Nights and 03 Days
Places covered: Chidambaram, Gangaikonda Cholapuram, Kumbakonam and Swamimalai
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai - Chidambaram
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport drive to Chidambaram
- a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. On arrival at Chidambaram, check in to the hotel and then visit the temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Chidambaram - Gangaikonda Cholapuram - Kumbakonam - Swamimalai
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Gangaikonda Cholapuram
- known for 10th century Brihadeeswarar Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva (UNESCO World Heritage Site). The temple is considered as one of the largest temples in the country and is a fine example of the grandeur of Dravidian style of architecture of the Chola dynasty. The idol of Nandi is sculpted in such a way that it reflects the sunlight to the sanctum. Then drive to Kumbakonam
- known as a temple city due to the prevalence of a number of temples here. On arrival, check in to the hotel and then visit Adi Kumbeswarar Temple
- the oldest Shiva Temple, Mahamaham tank
- one of the most prominent landmarks of the town and Airavatesvara Temple
at Darasuram is one among the three famous temples in Tamil Nadu that were built by the Chola Kings. (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Then proceed to Swamimalai
- popular for Swaminathaswamy Temple dedicated to god Murugan. The temple is second abode of Murugan among six (Arupadaiveedugal). The shrine of the presiding deity, Swaminathaswamy is located atop a 60 feet hillock and the shrine of his mother Meenakshi (Parvathi) and father Shiva (Sundareswarar) is located downhill. According to Hindu belief, Swamimalai is where Muruga preached what as called as 'Pranava mantra' to his own father, Shiva, at a young age. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Kumbakonam - Chennai
Morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive towards Chennai. On arrival at Chennai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Chidambaram - Gangaikonda Cholapuram Mayiladuthurai Tour Package ends with the delightful memories.