Chidambaram - Thanjavur - Srirangam - Madurai Tour Package (03N/04D)
Package Name: Chidambaram - Thanjavur - Srirangam - Madurai Tour Package
Duration: 03 Nights and 04 Days
Places covered: Chidambaram, Mayiladuthurai, Kumbakonam, Swamimalai, Thanjavur, Srirangam and Madurai
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai - Chidambaram
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport drive to Chidambaram
- a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. On arrival at Chidambaram, check in to the hotel and then visit the temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Chidambaram - Vaitheeswaran Koil - Mayiladuthurai - Kumbakonam - Thanjavur (Tanjore)
Morning, check out the hotel and drive to Vaitheeswaran Kovil
temple located in Mayiladuthurai district. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva is worshipped as Vaidyanathar or Vaitheeswaran
meaning the 'God of healing' and it is believed that prayers to Vaitheeswaran can cure diseases. The temple is associated with the planet Mars (Angaraka)
, one of the nine Navagraha (nine planets) temples. The village is also known for palm leaf astrology called Naadi astrology
in Tamil. The holy waters of the Siddhamirtham tank within the temple complex contains nectar, and a holy dip is believed to cure all diseases.
Then drive to Mayiladuthurai
- known for the Mayuranathaswami Temple, a prominent Shaivite shrine. The icon is a lingam and the presiding deity is called Mayuranathar because the Hindu goddess Parvathi worshipped Shiva here in the form of a mayura. Then drive to Kumbakonam
- known as a temple city due to the prevalence of a number of temples here. On arrival, visit Adi Kumbeswarar Temple
- the oldest Shiva Temple, Mahamaham tank
- one of the most prominent landmarks of the town and Airavatesvara Temple
at Darasuram is one among the three famous temples in Tamil Nadu that were built by the Chola Kings. (UNESCO World Heritage Site).
Then proceed to Swamimalai
- popular for Swaminathaswamy Temple dedicated to god Murugan. The temple is second abode of Murugan among six (Arupadaiveedugal). The shrine of the presiding deity, Swaminathaswamy is located atop a 60 feet hillock and the shrine of his mother Meenakshi (Parvathi) and father Shiva (Sundareswarar) is located downhill. According to Hindu belief, Swamimalai is where Muruga preached what as called as 'Pranava mantra' to his own father, Shiva, at a young age. Then drive to Thanjavur (Tanjore). On arrival at Thanjavur
, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Thanjavur (Tanjore) - Srirangam (Tiruchirappalli) - Madurai
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and visit Brihadeeswara Temple
, the biggest attraction of Thanjavur and also known as the Big Temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This architectural marvel temple built during 11th century by Raja Raja Chola, the Great Chola emperor. The vimana tower above the sanctum is one of the tallest in South India. Then drive towards Tiruchirapalli
- also known as Trichy - known for most prominent historical monuments. On arrival, visit to Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple
- a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ranganatha Swamy
and also the first, foremost and the most important of the 108 main Vishnu temples. There are 21 magnificent and huge towers.
Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple lies on an islet formed by the twin rivers Cauvery and Coleroon. This temple is also known as Thiruvaranga Tirupati, Periyakoil, Bhoologa Vaikundam and Bhogamandabam. Then visit nearest Jambukeswarar Akilandeswari Temple
- dedicated to Lord Shiva (as Jambukeswarar) and Goddess Parvathi (as Akilandeswari). The temple is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Water (Jala), The sanctum of Lord Jambukeshwara has an underground water stream. And one can see water coming out of that stream. The Presiding Deity is Devi Akilandeswari Amman. Akhilandeshwari means 'Ruler of the Universe' (Akilam - Universe, Aanda - Ruler, Eswari - Goddess). Then visit Ucchi Pillayar Temple
- a 7th century Hindu temple, one dedicated to Lord Ganesha located a top of Rockfort. Then drive to Madurai
- the cultural capital of Tamilnadu. On arrival at Madurai, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Madurai
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel at Madurai and visit Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple
, a historic Hindu temple located in the southern banks of river Vaigai. The complex houses 12 gateway towers called gopurams, ranging from 45-50m in height, the tallest being the southern tower, 51.9 metres (170 ft) high. Then visit Arulmigu Koodal Azhagar Temple
, Thirumalai Nayakkar Palace
, Gandhi Museum
. Then you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Chidambaram - Thanjavur - Srirangam - Madurai Tour Travel Package
ends with the delightful memories.