Chidambaram - Thanjavur - Srirangam - Madurai - Rameshwaram Tour Package (04N/05D)
Package Name: Chidambaram - Thanjavur - Srirangam - Madurai - Rameshwaram Tour Package
Duration: 04 Nights and 05 Days
Places covered: Chidambaram, Gangaikonda Cholapuram, Kumbakonam, Swamimalai, Thanjavur, Tiruchirapalli, Srirangam, Madurai and Rameshwaram
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai - Chidambaram
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport drive to Chidambaram
- a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. On arrival at Chidambaram, check in to the hotel and then visit the temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Chidambaram - Gangaikonda Cholapuram - Kumbakonam - Thanjavur (Tanjore)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Gangaikonda Cholapuram
- known for 10th century Brihadeeswarar Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva (UNESCO World Heritage Site). The temple is considered as one of the largest temples in the country and is a fine example of the grandeur of Dravidian style of architecture of the Chola dynasty. The idol of Nandi is sculpted in such a way that it reflects the sunlight to the sanctum. Then drive to Kumbakonam
- known as a temple city due to the prevalence of a number of temples here. On arrival visit Adi Kumbeswarar Temple
- the oldest Shiva Temple, Mahamaham tank
- one of the most prominent landmarks of the town and Airavatesvara Temple
at Darasuram is one among the three famous temples in Tamil Nadu that were built by the Chola Kings. (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Then proceed to Swamimalai
- popular for Swaminathaswamy Temple dedicated to god Murugan. The temple is second abode of Murugan among six (Arupadaiveedugal). The shrine of the presiding deity, Swaminathaswamy is located atop a 60 feet hillock and the shrine of his mother Meenakshi (Parvathi) and father Shiva (Sundareswarar) is located downhill. According to Hindu belief, Swamimalai is where Muruga preached what as called as 'Pranava mantra' to his own father, Shiva, at a young age. Then drive to Thanjavur (Tanjore). On arrival at Thanjavur
, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Thanjavur (Tanjore) - Srirangam (Tiruchirappalli) - Madurai
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and visit Brihadeeswara Temple
, the biggest attraction of Thanjavur and also known as the Big Temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This architectural marvel temple built during 11th century by Raja Raja Chola, the Great Chola emperor. The vimana tower above the sanctum is one of the tallest in South India. Then drive towards Tiruchirapalli
- also known as Trichy - known for most prominent historical monuments. On arrival, visit to Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple
- a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ranganatha Swamy
and also the first, foremost and the most important of the 108 main Vishnu temples. There are 21 magnificent and huge towers.
Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple lies on an islet formed by the twin rivers Cauvery and Coleroon. This temple is also known as Thiruvaranga Tirupati, Periyakoil, Bhoologa Vaikundam and Bhogamandabam. Then visit nearest Jambukeswarar Akilandeswari Temple
- dedicated to Lord Shiva (as Jambukeswarar) and Goddess Parvathi (as Akilandeswari). The temple is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Water (Jala), The sanctum of Lord Jambukeshwara has an underground water stream. And one can see water coming out of that stream. The Presiding Deity is Devi Akilandeswari Amman. Akhilandeshwari means 'Ruler of the Universe' (Akilam - Universe, Aanda - Ruler, Eswari - Goddess). Then visit Ucchi Pillayar Temple
- a 7th century Hindu temple, one dedicated to Lord Ganesha located a top of Rockfort. The visit to the Government Museum
- a heritage center situated at Rani Mangammal Mahal in Bharathidasansan town. The museum contains array of exhibits relating to geology, zoology, paintings, anthropology, epigraphy and history. Then proceed to visit Tropical Butterfly Conservatory Campus
(Butterfly Park) - recreational centre of the tropical butterfly conservatory and Nakshatravanam
- 27 number of trees species corresponding to 27 stars and 12 trees of corresponding 12 zodiac signs of Indian astrology. Then drive to Madurai
- the cultural capital of Tamilnadu. On arrival at Madurai, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Madurai - Rameshwaram
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and visit Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple
, a historic Hindu temple located in the southern banks of river Vaigai. The complex houses 12 gateway towers called gopurams, ranging from 45-50m in height, the tallest being the southern tower, 51.9 metres (170 ft) high. Then drive to Rameshwaram
- a prominent Hindu pilgrim center located on Pamban Island. on arrival check into Hotel. Afternoon proceed for sightseeing of Rameshwaram - visit Agnitheertham
- is one of the most visited Tirthams of Rameshwaram for a holy bath, Ramanathaswamy Temple
- renowned for its magnificent corridors and massive sculptured pillars. Then visit Ramjharoka Temple
and Adam's Bridge
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 05 : Rameshwaram - Madurai
Morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive towards Madurai. On arrival at Madurai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Chidambaram - Thanjavur - Srirangam - Madurai - Rameshwaram Tour ends with the delightful memories.