Tiruvannamalai - Chidambaram - Kumbakonam - Navagraha Temples Tour Package (03N/04D)
Package Name: Tiruvannamalai - Chidambaram - Kumbakonam - Navagraha Temples Tour Package
Duration: 03 Nights and 04 Days
Places covered: Tiruvannamalai, Chidambaram, Navagraha Temples, Mayiladuthurai, Kumbakonam and Swamimalai
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai - Tiruvannamalai - Chidambaram
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport and drive to Tiruvannamalai
- an historical place and spiritual center of Tamilnadu. On arrival, visit Annamalaiyar Temple
(or Arulmigu Annamalaiyar Tirukoil) dedicated to Lord Shiva and worshiped as Arunachalesvara or Annamalaiyar. The temple is one of the largest in India, located at the base of Annamalai Hills and houses four gateway towers known as gopurams. The Shiva Lingam here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Fire (Agni). Goddess Parvati is depicted as Unnamalai Amman. Then drive to Chidambaram
- a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). On arrival at Chidambaram, visit the temple, then check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Chidambaram - Angaraka (Mars) Temple - Budhan Temple - Kethu Temple - Mayiladuthurai - Kumbakonam
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Vaitheeswaran Kovil
temple located in Mayiladuthurai district. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva is worshipped as Vaidyanathar or Vaitheeswaran
meaning the 'God of healing' and it is believed that prayers to Vaitheeswaran can cure diseases. The temple is associated with the planet Mars (Angaraka)
, one of the nine Navagraha (nine planets) temples. The village is also known for palm leaf astrology called Naadi astrology
in Tamil. The holy waters of the Siddhamirtham tank within the temple complex contains nectar, and a holy dip is believed to cure all diseases.
Then drive to Thiruvenkadu Swetharanyeswarar Temple
- is one of the Navagraha Temples where Lord Budhan is worshipped. Budhan is the symbol of intelligence, wisdom and peace. Then drive to Naganatha Swamy Temple
or Kethu Sthalam
is a Hindu temple in the village of Keezhaperumpallam. The temple is one of the nine Navagraha temples of Tamil Nadu and is a part of the popular Navagraha pilgrimage in the state - it houses the image of Ketu. Then enjoy natural and ancient beach located in Poompuhar (Poompuhar Beach). Evening, drive to Mayiladuthurai
- known for the Mayuranathaswami Temple, a prominent Shaivite shrine. The icon is a lingam and the presiding deity is called Mayuranathar because the Hindu goddess Parvathi worshipped Shiva here in the form of a mayura. Then drive to Kumbakonam
- known as a temple city due to the prevalence of a number of temples here. On arrival, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Kumbakonam - Sani Temple - Rahu Temple - Guru Temple - Darasuram - Agneeswarar Shukran - Suryanar Kovil
Morning after breakfast, drive to Thirunallur
, most noted for the shrine of Lord Sani (Saturn), Tirunallar Saniswaran Temple within the temple dedicated to Lord Darbharanyeswaran, a form of Lord Shiva. This is the only temple that is dedicated to Lord Shani (Saneeswaran). Whenever (planet) Saturn transits from one zodiac sign to another (every 2.5 years), millions throng this shrine for worship. Then proceed to Naganatha Swami temple at Thirunageswaram
. Naganatha Swami is a temple dedicated to Shiva. An important feature of Naganatha Swami temple is that of Rahu bhagawan (one of the Navagrahas) sannathi. Here milk abhishekam is performed daily during Rahukaalam. This is also the only place wherein one can view Rahu bhagawan with his consorts. Then drive to Apatsahayesvarar Temple
. Shiva is worshipped as Apathsahyesvarar, and is represented by the lingam. His consort Parvati is depicted as Elavarkuzhali. The temple is counted as one of the Navagraha Temples for planet Guru (Jupiter). Later visit Adi Kumbeswarar Temple
- the oldest Shiva Temple, Mahamaham tank
- one of the most prominent landmarks of the town and Airavatesvara Temple
at Darasuram is one among the three famous temples in Tamilnadu that were built by the Chola Kings. (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Then Agniswarar Temple
village. The presiding deity is Sukra (Venus). However, the main idol in the temple is that of 'Agniswarar' or Shiva.
In concordance with the Saivite belief that Shiva is all-pervading, Sukra is believed to be located within the stomach of the idol of Shiva. After getting the divine blessings, proceed to visit Suryanar Kovil
(Temple) is a Hindu temple dedicated to the deity Hindu Sun-God. The presiding deity is Suriyanar, the Sun and his consorts Ushadevi and Pratyusha Devi. The temple also has separate shrines for the other eight planetary deities. The temple is considered one of the nine Navagraha temples in Tamilnadu. Then drive back to Kumbakonam, return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Kumbakonam - Chennai
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Swamimalai
- popular for Swaminathaswamy Temple dedicated to god Murugan. The temple is second abode of Murugan among six (Arupadaiveedugal). The shrine of the presiding deity, Swaminathaswamy is located atop a 60 feet hillock and the shrine of his mother Meenakshi (Parvathi) and father Shiva (Sundareswarar) is located downhill. According to Hindu belief, Swamimalai is where Muruga preached what as called as 'Pranava mantra' to his own father, Shiva, at a young age. Then drive to Thingalur
to visit Kailasanathar Temple
or Chandiranaar Temple
. The presiding deity is Soma (moon). However, the main idol in the temple is that of 'Kailasanathar' or Shiva. Then drive towards Chennai
. On arrival at Chennai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Tiruvannamalai - Chidambaram - Kumbakonam Navagraha Temples Tour
ends with the delightful memories.